THIS WORLD IS NOT MY HOME
My aunt tells me that I am an alien because I carry a gene for being Rh-. I tell her that she’s right. I am an alien, but it’s got nothing to do with blood type.
This body that I’m in is merely the vehicle that I travel in while I’m here. It’s like Iron Man’s suit. It allows me to interact with the physical world. I’m actually an energy being, and I came from another realm, an energy realm.
I’M JUST PASSING THROUGH
So, you could say that I’m an eternal spirit being who is having a temporary physical experience. It’s like I’m on vacation here and I came to visit the pyramid, and whether you realize it or not, so did you. The problem is that after we’ve been here awhile, we get culturally acclimated and forget who we truly are. Our GPS goes offline, apparently.
Now about this pyramid that we’re experiencing while we’re here, at the base, you have the need to feed yourself, for finding shelter and water.
As you move up the pyramid you discover that you have the need for companionship, connection to others, a sense of belonging and a need for acceptance and to feel loved.
At the tip top of the pyramid is a need for purpose. It’s where you live your life as if why you’re here is clear to you, and you feel that the essence of who you are is being actualized. You begin to realize that you are not the vehicle that you’re traveling in. The goal in this life is to get to the top of the pyramid and remember WHO WE ARE.
WHO ARE YOU?
If I asked you, “Who are you?” You might reply by telling me your name, but if I called you something else, would you continue to exist as yourself? Of course, you would. You still exist regardless of what I call you.
If I asked you who you are and you say, “I’m Fred’s wife?” Then if Fred leaves you, do you cease to exist? No. You would continue to exist.
Who you are is not somebody’s spouse or mother or girlfriend, husband, brother, father etc. These things may be a part of your existence, but who you are is an eternal and mighty spiritual being, not some title that you were assigned when you were born into this world.
ETERNAL SPIRITUAL BEINGS
Wayne Dyer said that the telling question of a person’s life is found in their relationship to the Infinite Source of All, God. Until you have a relationship with the Infinite Source of All you will not know anything about purpose, and you will not know who you are. You will not realize why you are here.
So, I could say that my relationship to the divine defines who I am and yours determines who you are. Paul said, “Know you not that you are the temple of the Holy Spirit?” The essence of the Almighty is traveling around in our little bodies.
Jesus once said, “God’s kingdom is coming, but not in a way that you will be able to see with your eyes. 21 People will not say, ‘Look, here it is!’ or, ‘There it is!’ because God’s kingdom is withinyou.” Luke 17:20-21 NCV
Since the Kingdom of God or the Spirit Realm is within us then “through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.”
And again, Jesus says, “For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.” Mark 11:23
It is from the world within that the world without is created. The Apostle Paul tells us to set our affections on the eternal things rather than temporal things. Why?
Because–temporal things owe their existence to eternal things. All things that are manifested in this physical realm must first be called into existence in the spiritual realm. So, how do you do that? Call those things that are not as though they were?
ASK and it is GIVEN.
You do it by asking, then appreciating that the thing you asked for is already given. Jesus said, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7)
What should we ask for and how do we do it?
Jesus gave us a good model:
- Our Father in Heaven hallowed be your name–be appreciative.
- your kingdom come–the kingdom of God is within me, and I operate based on the laws of the spiritual universe.
- your will be done on earth as it is in heaven—I will be in alignment with your Way. I will trust you with all my heart and not adjust my behavior and attitudes to match those of the prevailing societal illusions around me, but rather turn them in the path of peace. I will seek peace and ensue it. And you will direct my steps.
- Give me this day my daily bread—thank you for meeting all my needs, according to your great riches in glory. You do exceedingly abundantly above my wildest dreams through your power that works within me.
- forgive me for my trespasses–thank you for not holding anything against me.
- as I forgive those who trespass against me–I release any resentment that I may have towards anyone and realize that there are no justified resentments. I do not hold anything against anyone.
- lead me not into temptation–do not let me go inward, where I focus on the illusion of lack, trying to solve things on my own and “fix” them based on my own limited knowledge. Keep me from self-sabotage, and do not let me listen to those who have not received the revelation that you desire us to live peaceful, joyful, and abundant lives.
- Deliver me from evil–rescue me from harmful traps, ill-will, hurt, and degeneracy.
- for yours is the kingdom–your mighty reality, realm, that I’m living in.
- and the power–your miraculous force, abundant ability, strength flowing through me.
- and the glory–dignity, honor
- forever–perpetually without end.
WHERE YOUR TREASURE IS
People focus on the treasures of this physical reality but it’s in the realm of the Spirit where the true treasures lie. For the things which are visible are not made of the things which we can see or experience with our five senses.
We, because we contain the essence or spirit of God, can literally call those things that are not as though they were. The key is to do with while maintaining the joyous state we would feel if we saw them right in front of us. That’s what “faith” is, rejoicing the moment you ask for a thing as if though you’re already experiencing it.
Knowing that while we are currently experiencing this world, in it, but not of it, that we are spiritual beings having physical experiences, why would we ever fear lack? Why would we ever fear death? Knowing the truth of who we are frees us from the limiting laws of the physical reality.
I am remembering stories from the Bible now and in light of this current understanding, they all make sense. Of course, Jesus calmed the sea. He wielded a higher power. Of course, an earthquake freed Paul and Silas from prison. The power of appreciation and praise sets the laws of the spiritual universe into motion. No wonder Jehosophat won a battle through praise alone! Praise, appreciation for the goodness of God, literally turns the tide in our favor. Everything works out when we go forth with praise and appreciation or as it says in the Tao Te Ching, verse 4, “…Within it (the divine Way) the sharp edges become smooth; the twisted knots loosen; the sun is softened by a cloud; the dust settles into place…”
The laws of this physical universe are subject to the laws of the spiritual universe and all things in this life are temporal, yet we are eternal. We are loved. We operate on a higher plane of existence. No wonder Paul said, “Do not be conformed to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” Romans 12:2.
Renew your mind. Be born again so that you may perceive, understand and experience the Kingdom of God, the abundant, divine, and eternal realm of existence.